Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Steve Madden Customer Service

I have been shopping at Steve Madden stores for a long time and have since accumulated many, many pairs of his shoes. They're always reasonably priced and right on trend, which is why I favor them. They have always had great sales on top of it, too. It seems like recently, within the past year, their sales have become a lot more restricted and their customer service has slipped.

As you know, I recently went on a shoe spree and bought about 9 pairs of SM shoes through their website. They put my orders "on hold" as a security precaution and I had to call them to validate the sale - understandable, right? You'd think that since it had been 3 days since I placed the orders, that they would be ready to ship out right away after I called them...not to mention that those items would have been placed on hold as well. Some of the items still are in "processing" and haven't been shipped out, and 2 of the pairs I ordered have been cancelled (COLOSSUL in Cognac and WOAH in Black Sequin) - these were the two that were the last pair available. I can only assume that they have since been sold to another customer because they didn't think my purchase was valid, being that the orders were on hold.

I'm a bit miffed at their nonchalance about the whole ordeal. I'm not sure if I would purchase online from them again. As mentioned before, their sales pretty much exclude all of their new arrivals and popular styles, and I can often find the same pairs for cheaper on other shoe sites that have MUCH better service (ie Zappos, Endless, etc). Steve Madden, DO BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment