Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pauline



Okay, so I've joined a shoe club called ShoeMint. I'm sure some of you have already heard of it, and I'm a little bit late on being "in-the-know" about it. I don't normally do shoe clubs because I don't like the idea of having to remember every month that I have to choose a shoe or else they charge my credit card (I'm horrible with e-mail) and I've heard a lot of horror stories about the quality that you get, etc. All those reservations and preconceived notions aside, this site seems promising. I love Steve Madden shoes, and I love Rachel Bilson's style. I went ahead and made my first purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed! $80 per shoe seems a bit steep, but it all depends on the quality and craftsmanship - if they are as well made as they claim, it may be worth it. So far, though, the selections are pretty copy-cat to what is available on other sites. The Pauline that I purchased, for example...there was an extremely similar pair on Bakers for a while, but they were available in black and leopard - not in the wine color that I got. And, of course...there are shoes pretty close to Edith and Jolly on Steve Madden's site.

There is a picture of Rachel sitting in a chair with shoes all around her, and there is a pair that I am eyeing and am hoping it won't take too long for them to be released! In the meantime, I need to save up $240 to get them all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment