Monday, January 30, 2012

Found: Patent Closed-Toe Espadrilles!!

Okay, so ever since I saw Kate Middleton wearing those cute patent espadrilles and the Internet was abuzz with the lack of such a shoe (surprisingly, closed-toe patent espadrilles are hard to come by...?), I was sad and depressed. I never lost hope and I've been occasionally still Googling and hunting for the perfect pair. Today marks the day of triumph!! Behold:

Also available in red and papaya here

I ended up getting both the black and nude pair at Nordstrom, because I earn rewards there and I had Notes to spend. I couldn't decide if I also wanted the red and/or papaya, but I decided I needed the two neutral colors for now. They are a bit pricey for what they are but, seeing as how hard it was for me to find them, I snapped these up without a second thought before they sold out.

Below is a picture of the L.K. Bennett pair that Kate Middleton owns.
(Picture courtesy of Coolspotters)

There are some marked differences, such as the raffia wedge and boxier shape. Also, the toe are is a bit more squared-off compared to the Via Spiga, which are round. And is it just me, or is the patent a bit more muted in the L.K. Bennett pair? All in all, the Via Spiga's are a good interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment