Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paris Stroll

Okay, so I'm not really in Paris...but I liked the name (you'll see the relevance in a minute). My purchases have really slowed down as of late because I have been trying to allot more of my budget to "boring" things like home improvement. Now that it's getting colder outside I will be doing a lot of indoor projects - perhaps I can justify wearing heels around the house while I do it? Haha!

I figured my "fun purchases" were overdue, so I spent my one free day today shopping and spending some good quality time at the nearby outlet mall. Afterward, I came home and did some online browsing and purchased more things! The outlet mall is only about 20 minutes away from where I live, so it's really dangerous; however, I did some planning and found some great coupons which I printed out and took with me. I scored some serious deals and I hope I can find some pictures to share with you. :)

Here is what I bought online:

Shoedazzle Avoca
(I bought this a while ago, but forgot to post it up. They are now sold out in every color...)

Shoedazzle Paris Stroll
(The inspiration for my blog title! These were 50% off on sale)

Shoedazzle Space Lift

Shoedazzle Spring Cleaning

I bought the above two items to try and organize my closet better. The Space Lift will be great for my small- to medium-sized handbags as well as clutches and wallets. The Spring Cleaning is great for storing my flats with boots on the bottom. Depending on whether or not I have space left, I could also utilize this for wallets and clutches as well. They also each come with a butterfly hanger for scarves and belts, which I may or may not use. There are two bins in each set that would be great for storing my winter accessories - hats, gloves, bulkier scarves, etc. My closet has been needing a major overhaul for quite a while, so I'm hoping these will do the trick. If they don't end up working, it's not a big deal. These two sets were 50% off (BOGO), so I only paid $20 for each set (I bought 2 Space Lift & 1 Spring Cleaning). Coupled with my $15 SD credit, it was a great deal!

I also purchased some things from JewelMint, and it's my first time! I was holding off buying anything from the other Mint brands simply because I find it a hassle to have to add yet another website I have to visit at the first of every month to avoid being charged a monthly credit. But, they sent me an e-mail offer for some "Mystery Box" deal and I couldn't resist...so I am anxiously waiting for them to send me my package to see what goodies are inside. I love random surprises!

Aside from purchasing the Mystery Box deal, I also got these on clearance for $9 each:

Honey Bee Ring

Mon Amour Bracelet

Rodeo Drive Bracelet

Tropicana Bracelet

I thought all of these were really fun - definitely not "classic" by any means, but they were only $9 each so it didn't really matter. I am always a sucker for anything with animals or insects on it, so the Honey Bee and Rodeo Drive were must-haves. The Mon Amour and Tropicana really cater to my fun, playful side - on those days when I want to get colorful or girly (usually for me these typically go hand-in-hand!). Looking forward to receiving my JewelMint boxes, I'm hoping their pieces are of decent quality because they have a lot of cute things!

No comments:

Post a Comment